On 11/25/2009 Creative posted new firmware version 1.10.04. Among other things it added a Sudoku game within a new Apps icon on the second page of the home screen. You can find the update after clicking on "Agree" on this page of Creative's site. Other improvements include:
• Automatically rotates photos when you turn your player sideways.
• Adds a Sudoku game under the Applications menu .
• Updates your player with new colorful themes.
• Enhances the touch screen's responsiveness.
• Ensures a "press and hold" behaviour for the Power button when you turn on/off your player.
Given the new Photo Rotation it looks like there may be a G-sensor inside the X-Fi2. That leaves open much more potential for apps.
There was a firmware release less than two weeks ago as well, but you don't need to install it before installing this latest one. I'm hoping this indicates Creative will have more apps for the X-Fi2 and possibly a Software Design Kit (SDK). To be competitive in the MP3 player market a few apps are required. I personally am addicted to Sudoku and delighted to find a version for my X-Fi2.